Skip to content
- 1 to 1.5 cup of strawberries, stems removed and sliced
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- Cut the strawberries into halves or quarters, depending on the size of your berries. You will want to make sure that the berries are all roughly the same size.
- Add berries to a small saucepan with sugar and water. Heat over medium-high heat until simmering. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, until berries are softened and pale in color.
- Remove from heat and strain out. Try to avoid pressing down on the strawberries or syrup will be cloudy and may have bits of fruit in it.
- Cool completely before refrigerating in a glass jar. The syrup will last for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.