Orgeat is a sweet and creamy syrup that is essential in Tiki classics like the Mai Tai.
Below is an easy recipe for making your own:
- 1.5 cups of unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1.5 cups of granulated Sugar
- In a saucepan, combine almond milk and sugar over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Then add:
- 3 tsp of Almond Extract
- 0.5 tsp of Orange Blossom Water
- 1.5 oz of either Brandy / Rum / Pure Alcohol
- Stir to combine.
- Let cool and refrigerate in a glass jar or air tight container for up to 1 month.